If you recently bought an Apple TV and now you are looking in to fix a problem with most lovely tech item of your living room then you are at right place. Today, we will learn some methods to fix if your Apple TV does not turn on.
Every time a new model arrive in the Apple TV series there are always new features and re-design to attract the consumers. Siri is my favorite feature on AppleTV which can release much of your efforts for doing things. Anyhow, lets move to the topic now, and learn how you can fix an Apple TV which stops responding.
If your Apple tv does not turn on or even not responding well. Then, the very first step which you have to perform is to check the front light on your Apple TV.
How to Fix Apple TV Does Not Turn on Issue Myself at Home
Method 1: If There is no Light Blinking
If there is no light blinking on front panel then you can follow the steps below to fix the Apple TV don’t turn-on issue.
- Unplug the power cable from Apple TV, press power button to release all static charge, wait 30 seconds.
- Next, plug-in the power cord back but this time use a different power port.
- Try a different power cable or power strip. You can borrow from a friend or visit your local market to get one.
- If not fixed, then you will need to restore your Apple TV from your computer. For that you can follow the method 2 below.
Method 2: Front Light Blinks More Than 3 Minutes
- Firstly, unplug the HDMI and power cable from your Apple TV.
- Next, turn-on your computer or Mac and start iTunes on it. (Besure iTunes is updated)
- If you have 4th Gen. Apple TV then you have to use USB-C cable to connect with PC. While if you have 2nd or 3rd GEN. Apple TV then use Micro-USB cable to connect it with PC.
Tip: Don’t use a charging cable from your phone, this can damage your Apple TV port permanently.
- For Apple TV 4th Generation you have to plug back the power cable after connecting to PC. Former generations (i.e. 2nd & 3rd) do not need power cable for resetting.
- Check Apple TV icon will appear on iTunes screen, click on it to see the summary of device.
- Find and click on the option “Restore Apple TV” wait until the process gets complete.
- Finally, remove USB-C or Mirco-USB cable along with power cord. Then connect HDMI cable and after that plug-in power cable.
Method 3: When Light is Continuous And Not Blinking
- At first step unplug your HDMI cable from both ends and see for any debris, blow some ear at cable ends then plug-in back.
- Now, check if not fixed, then turn-off your TV and receiver also. Unplug the power cable from Apple TV and then plug-in back. Now turn-on both Apple TV and receiver.
- Open Apple TV Menu and select HDMI as an input medium.
- Next, try to connect Apple TV directly with TV and skip connection with HDMI or receiver. This helps to diagnose a problem with your HDMI or receiver.
- You can also use another HDMI cable to troubleshoot such an issue.
- Check Display & HDMI settings on your Apple TV. For that move to Settings>> Audio and Video. Here change the resolution this sometimes can fix problem. If screen is blank and you are not able to change settings then follow below steps.
- On 4th generation press and hold Menu + Volume Down buttons for 5 seconds.
- On 2nd or 3rd generation Apple TV press and hold Menu + Up buttons for 5 seconds.
- Once you release the buttons, Apple TV will switch to a new resolution after 20 seconds. When you find a perfect resolution just press OK or use “Cancel” to quit this mode.