If you frequently switch over different apps, then you may end up in hundreds of useless apps collected on your MacBook. However, you can delete apps on Mac if you don’t need them. Keeping your Mac clutter free is a completely different task and it also needs some time if there are too many apps to delete on your MacBook.
There are few different methods with which you can delete or remove apps from Mac. No matter either you don’t need those apps or the app was just for a trial purpose.
What Options You Have to Delete Apps on Mac
1. Deleting Apps on MacBook Which You Get From AppStore
You can follow the steps below to delete an app on MacBook which you downloaded from AppStore.
- First of all start the ‘Launchpad‘ on MacBook by click on its icon available on Dock. You can also use F4 key to launch it directly.
- Now you have to find the app which you want to remove from MacBook.
- Now click on the App Icon and hold it few seconds until it you see the little ‘X‘ icon at the upper corner.
- Click on the “Cross Icon” and confirm the delete action by using the button on the popup.
2. Deleting Apps on Mac Which You Download From External Sources
You can follow the below steps which you download from any external source including web and other platforms.
- Open Finder by click its icon from Dock.
- Now from the left options bar click on the Applications
- From the right side scroll through all the installed apps.
- Select the app you want to remove from Mac, Right click on it and click on the option ‘Move to Trash‘.
- Finally, you can empty ‘Trash‘ by clicking on it at Dock.
3. Deleting an App from MacBook Dock
If you want to get rid of any app which is appearing on Dock, you can simply use the drag and drop feature for that.
- Open the “Application folder” from your Dock and then find App which you want to remove.
- Now click on the app icon which you want to delete and hold it.
- At next, drag the app icon to the Trash icon in your Dock & then release it.
- Finally, you can empty “Trash” by clicking on it at Dock.