When you do not clean your iPhone for long, say a year and if you have good social circle then your chats grow abruptly. While backing-up iPhone you may see that your messages are taking really big space on your iPhone. At this point you might think to delete messages on iPhone. But what if you want to retrieve deleted text messages on your iPhone.
There are different options to recover deleted messages on iPhone. While looking to free up some space on iPhone you my delete any important messages accidentally. So, now what are your options to get that back. Here today we will learn some methods to use iCloud backup to get back your iPhone deleted messages, along with some other tricks.
2 Ways to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages on iPhone
Method#1: Restore / Retrieve Deleted Text Messages with iCloud Back ups
If you use iCloud backups then it is a nice method to get retrieve deleted text messages on iPhone by using those iCloud backups. If you don’t back up to iCloud then you probably start now. You can follow the below steps for that.
- Launch “Settings App” and then tap on your name from top of screen to see option Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes & App Store.
- Next, tap on iCloud and scroll down until you see “iCloud BackUp” and here you will see the time you last backup your iPhone.
- The date and time will help to determine that will this backup will able to restore your deleted iPhone messages or not
How to Restore an iCloud Back Up?
If you find the right back up on your iCloud, then its time to restore that backup on your iPhone with these short steps. First you will need to Erase your iPhone.
- Open the settings app and then find & Tap on “General“
- At next step, find option “reset” tap on it.
- Then find option “Erase All Content & Settings” tap on it also.
- Now, a popUp will come with two options “Erase Now” and “Backup & Erase“.
- Here it is important that you go with first option other wise your recent backup will be deleted from which you want to recover iPhone messages.
- Wait until you get a totally factory reset iPhone.
- Next, follow screen prompts to set up your iPhone until you reach “Apps & Data” options.
- Here you have to choose “Restore from iCloud Backup” and verify request by iCloud sign-in.
- Select the back-up from the available list from which you intend to recover lost iPhone text messages. wait until your iPhone restore the data from back up.
Method#2: Restore Deleted iPhone Messages from iTunes or Hard Drive backups
You can also restore deleted or lost iPhone messages from backups on your Computer or even iTunes. But this can only be done if you regularly take backups on your iPhone. You can follow the below steps to restore a backup from your Macbook or PC.
- Disable ‘Find my iPhone‘ as its really important if you are looking to restore from iTunes.
- Now, connect your iPhone with USB cable and your PC, wait until your system sync with it.
- iTunes will open when sync successfully, if not then you can start iTunes manually.
- Now from left options pane, click on your iPhone right under media category dropdown.
- Now on the right side you will see the Summary of your connected device.
- Here click on “Restore BackUp” and if this option is unable then change your back up preference from iTunes to Computer or vice versa.
- Wait until your iPhone get restored.
Hurray.! You have successfully restored your iPhone messages.