To send your current location to anyone from your iPhone or iPad there are multiple methods. You can even share your location on iPhone with messaging app while on the go. For that purpose you can use Google maps or Apple maps but you need to enable the location access from iPhone settings. Today we will discuss 4 methods to share location on iPhone / iPad with friends
If you are new in city and didn’t know the locations very well, then fortunately Apple location sharing feature can save you over that. Just you need to share your location with your friends or family where they can find you easily. iPhone can share your location easily with the help of GPS with just one tap.
There are multiple options, you can send the location via messages, contacts, Apple Maps or even Google Maps. The location can be sent as one off time or can be live. It depends on the app which you are using as a medium to send your location. But first you have to enable your location services.
Step1: Enable location services on iPhone
Before you can continue first you have to enable the location services on iPhone. You can follow the steps below for that purpose.
- At this step start “Settings App” and then look for option “Privacy” tap on it,
- At new screen find the option “Location Services” and open it.
- Now tap on the toggle button to make it green. This will finally, enable the location services.
If you want to share live location then also enable the option “Share my Location” by using the toggle button beside to that.
4 Methods to Share Location on iPhone / iPad with Friends
Method#1: How to Share Location on iPhone with Messages App?
- Open the messages app and then move to the conversation with the person you want to share your location with.
- Now from the top of screen tap on the profile icon for that person.
- Then, tap the small “i” (the info icon) and on the new screen you will see location sharing options;
- “Send my Current Location” this will let you share your current location.
- “Share My Location” this option will allow to share your live location for a period of time. You have to enter the time limit i.e. one hour, one day, or forever.
- Lastly, to confirm your action tap on “Done“.
Method#2: How to Share Location on iPhone with Contact App?
- Launch Contacts App on your iPhone, select the contact to which you want to share your location and tap on it.
- Now you will see the option “Share my Location” and use the available option to extend the location sharing time.
Method#3 How to Share Location on iPhone / iPad with Apple Maps?
- Open the Apple Maps on your iPhone, now tap on your current location (The Blue Dot on Map).
- If your location is not visible then tap on the ‘Arrow‘ at upper right position. This will enable the blue dot.
- You can also swipe from bottom to up or tap on small menu line at screen bottom.
- Then tap on SHARE ETA, select the contact which you want to send.
- Now, you will see the option “Share my Location” on pop-up menu
- Select, the medium app on which you want to share location. Then select the person to which you want to send.
Method#4: How to Share Location on iPhone with Google Maps?
- Open the Google Maps on your iPhone, now tap on your current location (The Blue Dot on Map).
- If your location is not visible then tap on the “Arrow” at lower right position. This will enable the blue dot.
- From the popup share your location, and on next screen select the time for which you want to share the location. The maximum time limit is three days.
- Now tap on option “Select People” and add people from your contact list to whom you want to send your location. Now choose the medium by which you want to send the location i.e email or phone number.
- Finally, when you finish tap on the option “Share” at upper right corner.