Apple recently launched a keyboard service program for Macbook, Macbook Air and Macbook Pro. If you are also having any problems with your Macbook then you must check your eligibility for Macbook Keyboard replacement.
If you find your self eligible then you will get a free repair. Otherwise you may have to pay for both service and Mac keyboard repair. The old butterfly keyboards have a design fault where it collects the debris and dust under keys over time. This leads to problem where you will not be able to either press the keys or any other mis-behaviour. If the keys are not responding as they should or even they are not functioning at all.
Do Am I Eligible for Macbook Keyboard Replacement
These are the signs that your Mac Keyboard needs a replacement. If you are eligible then an Apple or Apple Authorized Service provider will fix your machine. The service is free of charge, and the type of service depends on level of damage. You may get a full keyboard replacement for your Mac book or just one or more keys which are making problem.
What are Eligible Models?
First you will need to check the model of your MacBook. For that purpose you can click on Apple menu > then About This Mac. Your next screen will show the model of your MacBook. The list of eligible models is as below. You can also check latest one at official portal.
1. MacBook (12-?inch, Retina) ? Model Early 2015
2. MacBook (12?-inch, Retina) ??Model Early 2016
3. MacBook (12-?inch,?Retina) ??Model 2017
4. MacBook Air (13-inch, Retina) ? Model 2018
5. MacBook Air (13-inch, Retina) ? Model 2019
6. MacBook Pro (13?-inch, Two Thunderbolt) ? Model 2016
7. MacBook Pro (13-?inch, Two Thunderbolt) ? Model 2017
8. MacBook Pro (13-inch, Two Thunderbolt) ? Model 2019
9. MacBook Pro (13-?inch, Four Thunderbolt) ? Model 2016
10. MacBook Pro (13-?inch, Four Thunderbolt) ? Model 2017
11. MacBook Pro (15-?inch) ? Model 2016
12. MacBook Pro (15-?inch) ? Model 2017
13. MacBook Pro (13-inch, Four Thunderbolt) ? Model 2018
14. MacBook Pro (15-?inch) ? Model 2018
15. MacBook Pro (13-inch, Four Thunderbolt) ? Model 2019
16. MacBook Pro (15-?inch) ? Model 2019
How much time will it take for Mac Book Keyboard Replacement?
The time it will take depends on case to case. First they will assess that either you are eligible for the service or not. At next, step an expert will look in to the level of damage and work required to fix the issue. Like they will need to replace whole keyboard or just few keys.
You can start the service process by using any of the links below whichever your find best.
Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider.
Make an appointment at an Apple Retail Store.
Mail in your device to the Apple Repair Center.